Is sisal a good floor covering?
Sisal is a natural material that is often used to make great quality rugs that can last over many years, even when you use them in heavy traffic areas.
They are mostly used in spaces where you typically aren’t barefoot, this is because of the rough texture that can feel a little awkward when you walk on it. Nonetheless, they are super practical in heavy traffic areas like entryways, stairs, living rooms or dining rooms.
Besides being an eco-friendly rug material, sisal is also recognized for its quality, you won't believe how easy they are to clean and take care of them.
They are extremely durable and one of its most amazing characteristics is that sisal rugs help to control humidity in the environment while adding a remarkable rustic style that is also elegant
How do I know what rugs size is better for me?
Having clear where you want to lay your sisal rug is important before you take any size considerations, for that reason we listed below a few tips for you to choose the best rug that can adjust to the spaces you have available.
- Area rugs are the most common, if you are getting one keep in mind that the perfect area rug can fit beneath all major furniture in a space.
- You can also create a focal point with a smaller rug and play with the shapes to add personality to the room, a round or oval rug can add a minimalist style to your room. In this case it is also advisable to make sure all furniture can fit on the area of the rug.
- Once you are certain about the concept you want to recreate, the first thing to do is to design the room where you want to use the sisal rug.
- The initial advice is laying your room out first and then putting down painter’s tape to figure out where you’d like a rug to be
- With area rugs leave 10 to 20 inches between the edges of the rug and the walls of the room, it’ll make your room look bigger
How do I choose the best rug color for my living room?
Natural fiber rugs are common to see in costal areas, but designers have been also using them to create rustic and more cozy environments in bedrooms and living rooms. There is something special in their color and texture that can come up with an inviting atmosphere like no other rug material.
They also look incredibly when you lay other rugs on them. This is a great design technique to create focal points in any area at home.
You can also play with color contrasts, sisal natural toned colors can easily be used to play with your home decor, whether it is dark or light colored
How to take care of my sisal rug
The best way to take care of your sisal rug is setting up periodical cleaning routines. You can shake them out one or twice a year, in some cases due to the size of your area rugs it is better to beat it with a stick, do not use anything that is sharp and remember to beat both sides of the rug.
Do not leave the rug under the sun for long periods of time, but a short sun exposure will help to kill bacteria and germs.
And last but not least remember to vacuum your rug regularly, since natural fiber rugs can shade a little at the beginning, the vacuuming process will help you a lot to keep the nuisance away.
Do you have questions before buying the perfect sisal rug?
It is important to consider the size you have available, whether it is a room or hallway, your budget that will vary depending on the size of the rug.
Reach out to our dedicated customer service at Rugs Done Right to solve any inquiries and choose a rug that you’re completely satisfied with.