Hand-tufted rugs are some of the most popular rugs among interior designers, it is easy to find really good deals and the design offer is pretty wide. You can find a great variety of colors, shapes, and patterns that allows you to play freely with your home decor and create the most remarkable spaces.
Are hand-tufted rugs good quality?
As a matter of fact, hand-tufted rugs are of excellent quality, the process of making them is manual, but it is complemented by artisans using a pre-made canvas-yarn backing, the artisan manipulates a tufting gun to shoot the yarns into it.
The process of making these rugs is pretty standardized, which helps a lot to reduce the time to make them and the prices. This is the main reason why they are more affordable than hand-knotted rugs, but both of them are of great quality.
How do I choose the perfect hand-tufted rug size?
In case you are looking for an area rug, the first thing you want to do before choosing any standard size is to design the space.
- To do it, please lay your room out first and then putting down painter’s tape to figure out where you’d like a rug to be
- The right-hand tufted area rug can fit beneath all major furniture in the space where you want it to be
- It is important to make sure there are about 10 to 20 inches between the edges of the rug and the walls of your room.
- In case you are choosing a hand-tufted runner rug for your hallway. Ideally, you should have 4 to 5 inches of flooring visible on all sides of your rug.
- It can happen that the space you measure out is between two standard hand-tufted rug sizes, go with the bigger one as long as it will still fit in the room. The additional inches can allow your decor to shift slightly without it being a big issue while going a few inches too small can make a room look awkward.
Why does your rug need a pad?
Regardless of the rug material used to make your hand-tufted rug, rug pads are incredibly useful for offering cushion while keeping your rug securely in place on the floor, which is something we always recommend to our clients.
What are the best hand-tufted rugs?
Loloi hand-tufted rugs: Loloi Rugs are still crafted in India, the old-world way. By keeping this tradition alive, artisans are constantly creating unique hand-tufted floor coverings, full of personality and with different designs that will add great style and charm to your living spaces.
Mat the basics hand-tufted rugs: Mat the basics was founded 78 years ago in India, today it is a worldwide recognized business, with a major focus on innovative and modern design, their hand-tufted rugs are perfect to recreate contemporary living environments.
Safavieh hand-tufted rugs: Safavieh started as an artisan rug business and over the past three decades they have become a successful family business that manufactures and offers the best quality hand-tufted rugs in multiple shades. They have a presence in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
What is the best place to buy hand-tufted rugs online?
At Rugs Done Right we have the widest selection of hand-tufted rugs from the best carpet manufacturers, choose your floor covering by tone, design, shape, size, or material.
You can reach out to our dedicated customer service with any question, and we will help you to consider all details, from finding a rug that adjusts to the space you have available, whether it is a room or hallway, also to consider your budget that will vary depending on the material and size of the rug.