Are shag rugs in style?Shag rugs are great to decorate modern and contemporary spaces, they are super comfortable and can add a great sense of style to your place if you match them properly with the right decor.
The thickness of the rug fiber is what makes it unique, elegant and cozy. Originally shag rugs were made of wool, and it still remains as popular fiber to build shag rugs because of its softness and durability, but you can also find shag rugs made of synthetic fiber that feel great under foot and are more affordable.
Where is better to use shag rugs
Shag rugs are elegant, durable and its texture feels great under foot, that makes them incredibly versatile and easy to use in any room whether it has high traffic or not.
You can add great style and a welcoming feeling to your living room with a shag rug, it can also be used in a place where you enjoy resting your feet, like the bathroom when you are brushing your teeth or under your desk while you are working.
One common tip you get with shag rugs is that they are better to use on wood floors and other hard surfaces, in case you have children at home a playful shag rug is a great addition to their room or the area where they play the most.
How to choose the right shag rug sizeDepending on your intention, you can get any rug shape in a large size to decorate main areas or smaller rugs that can help you to create focal points, like a reading area where you can sit and chill to read your preferred book.
These tips will work better if you are getting to purchase an area rug that represents your own interior, mind, body, and soul.
- First thing you want to do is to lay out the space where you want to place the shag area rug
- Then put down painter’s tape to figure out where you’d like to place your shag rug.
- By now you should have a better perception of the space and dimensions you have available in the room you are decorating
- As a general rule of thumb, the best shag rug for your room fits beneath all major furniture in the space you have available
- In case the space you measure out is between two shag rug sizes, go with the bigger one as long as it will still fit in the room. The additional inches can allow your decor to shift slightly without it being a big issue, while going a few inches too small can make a room look awkward.
How to take care of your shag rugChoosing a shag rug is a great choice to add a warm, cozy and luxury environment to any room. Shag rugs are made of synthetic and natural fibers, which makes them pretty durable, even if they are used in heavy traffic areas.
The most remarkable characteristic of shag rugs is their longer pile, it makes them looks fluffy and soft, but they need more effort than other rug materials to stay in good in place, otherwise the fluffiness of your shag rug is likely to go away faster than it should, to extend the life of your shag rug we have 4 simple tips to take care of your shag rug.
- Vacuuming your rug will help to keep the rug fluffy
- Every few months take the time to shake your rug, you can also use a rug beater
- Dry cleaning is a great option to clean your shag rugs
- Clean your shaggy rug with a steam cleaner, you can do it your self, it will help to eliminate dirt and odors