Why is Kalaty the right rug for you?
Whether you aim to create more traditional living environments or design bold interiors, Kalaty has decor solutions for every taste, their high-end craftsmanship rugs and hand-knotted rugs are absolutely outstanding and capable to level up any room with a sophisticated design.
How to choose the right Kalaty area rug size
One mistake people usually make when they are getting a new floor covering for their place is to choose a rug that is too small for the room where they want to use it. When you are designing a dream living environment, and you have doubts about what size is better for you, it's better to purchase the bigger rug as long as it will still fit in the room. Below, we explain why.
- The additional inches can allow your decor to shift slightly without it being a big issue
- Ideally, you want to have 10 to 20 inches between the edges of the rug and the walls of the room
- To make sure the rug fits properly with your existing decor, we recommend you to take the time to layout the space where you want to place your Kalaty rug
- Then put down painter’s tape to figure out where you’d like to place it.
- At this point, you’ll have a better perception of the space and dimensions you have available in the room
- As a general guideline, the best Kalaty rug for your room fits beneath all major furniture in the space you have available.
-Following these tips, you could create with simplicity a sophisticated living environment.
You can also read— How to calculate the right stair runner dimensions for my stairs
Are Kalaty rugs washable?
Please check your rug care labels to determine whether they should be dry-cleaned, spot-cleaned, or laundered. Depending on it and the size of your Kalaty rug you might be able to wash your rug using the washing machine.
In case you have a large area rug, it is better to wash it outside or hire a professional cleaning service. If you decide to go with the first option, we made an easy step-by-step for you to do it at home.
- Never use harsh chemicals on natural fiber rugs
- Test any new cleaning product you are using on your rug, do it on a little spot in the corner of your Kalaty rug
- Once you are sure it can be used and your rug is safe, rub the rug according to pattern directions
- Let it dry under the sun and make sure it does not stay outside for too long to keep your rug color vivid
- Make sure your Kalaty rug is completely dry before replacing it, after the sun exposure you can vacuum it to finish helping the drying process
How can I take care of my Kalaty rug
Whether your new Kalaty rug features a loop and pile texture, a hand tufted or hand knotted weave, it can be used in high-traffic areas, such as your home entrance, that spot in the living room where you like to sit on the couch, or where you hop out of bed. Regardless of the place, one of the most simple yet effective things you can do is to rotate the rug occasionally, it will help you preserve the rug in great shape and its patterns.
Is it important to have a rug pad?
Regardless of the rug material used to make your rug, we always recommend using rug pads, they work as a buffer between your rug and the floor. It will help to extend the life of your rugs, and prevent holes or fraying around the edges of your rugs.
How to clean a Kalaty wool rug
If you are willing to get a Kalaty wool rug to place at home, keep in mind that most of the time new wool rugs will shed for a couple of weeks, to deal with this, we suggest vacuuming your rug once or twice a week in the direction of the pile. With time, the excessive shedding will subside.
As we mentioned before avoid using harsh chemicals on your wool rugs, It's better to wash your carpet with soap diluted in a large volume of water, remember to always test any product you use on a small area of your rug first. It will be a safe bet to avoid your rug colors fading away.
What are the best Kalaty synthetic rugs
Kalaty is very well recognized for its excellent hand knotted rugs. Nonetheless, they also sell synthetic fiber rugs, which are fabrics preferred by many Americans for their floor coverings, they are affordable, lightweight, great for heavy traffic areas, super easy to clean, and offer a great variety of design possibilities that can be used at home or in office spaces.
- One of the most remarkable characteristics of synthetic rugs such as polypropylene is their resistance, it is a great attribute to consider in the long term
- Synthetic rugs don't need much care, they can hold pretty well against moisture and sunlight without easily lose their form or their colors— just make sure you vacuum them to remove the dirt and deep clean it once or twice a year depending on where you have it
How to Clean an Outdoor Polypropylene Rug
How to prevent fading on your Kalaty rug?
There are some Kalaty rug designs that really catch the eye, it's the case of fashion-forward striated look carpets or even the more traditional designs, these are floor covering that won't let you down.
Once you have found that Kalaty rug that is the perfect match for your decor, the last thing you want is to see how its vivid colors fade away or even the pattern that made you fall for it. This is something that usually happens to natural fiber rugs, they are not designed to stand outdoor weather conditions.
However, even in indoor spaces, the sun is always a threat to any rug made of natural fibers, to preserve it, try with window sheers or sunshades to prevent your rug from direct sunlight exposure.
Keep in mind that the fading can happen to your floors and your furniture as well.
Another tip to keep your indoor rugs looking as good as when they were brand new is to remove your shoes before stepping on them, this is a simple habit that can extend the life of your rug, and last but not least we advise you to rotate your rug periodically, it helps to keep the rug in good shape and to avoid overusing the same rug spots repeatedly
Do you have questions to choose the right Kalaty rug?
Handcrafted rugs are a natural choice by many designers, they add comfort and are an excellent piece to add a classy touch to any room. These timeless rugs can be given a modern or classic facelift to any space, if you are not sure about how to pick the best match for you feel free to contact our unparalleled customer service to help you find the right sizes, color patterns, collection rugs feature and that sweet spot for your budget.
Shop Rugs Done Right today to discover the perfect hand knotted rug for you— we offer free shipping in the USA*