Are Momeni Rugs good quality?
Momeni rugs is a company with more than 40 years of experience in the market, they have Successfully grown from a small importer of fine Persian rugs to an international manufacturer of thousands of rugs every year.
How to choose the right Momeni rug size
Area rugs are great home decor instruments to add personality to any room, they work as floor fashion statements and provide a complementary background for the other decor.
These tips will work if you are willing to purchase an area rug, choosing a proper size rug will be crucial to add great style to the room you are decorating.
- One common mistake you want to avoid is to buy a rug that is too small for your room, in many cases our costumers see themselves debating between two Momeni rug sizes, if you find yourself under such circumstances go with the bigger one as long as it will still fit in the room. The additional inches can allow your decor to shift slightly without it being a big issue
- There should be about 10 to 20 inches between the edges of the rug and the walls of the room.
- Knowing this the next step is to lay out the space where you want to place the area rug
- Then put down painter’s tape to figure out where you’d like to place your rug.
- At this point you’ll have a better perception of the space and dimensions you have available in the room you are decorating
- As a general rule of thumb the best Momeni area rug for your room fits beneath all major furniture in the space you have available
If you are buying stair runners or cut roll runners you can also read— How to calculate the right stair runner dimensions for my stairs
How can I take care of my Momeni rug
With any rug or area rug you end up buying you need to consider that every material will demand time to be taken care of, some rug materials more than others.
As a general rule of thump most rugs need to be vacuumed and rotated regularly to keep their shape and colors as long as possible.
Flat-weave rugs can be vacuumed and taken outside once or twice a year to beat them out and remove the excess of dust. High-pile rugs are more difficult to clean, and some must be professionally cleaned.
How to clean a Momeni wool rug
A tip that we always share with our Momeni rug customers is to use a pad, rug pads are super useful to provide comfort and cushion while keeping your rug firmly in place on the floor.
New wool rugs are likely to shed, to keep it nuisance away vacuum it once or twice per week, do it in the direction of the pile. The excessive shedding will go away with time
Since wool is natural fiber we don't advice you to use harsh chemicals to deep clean it. The best option is to dilute soft soap in a generous amount of water, always test what ever product you are using in a little spot of your rug— If you don't want to take any risks stick to water.
How to take care of Momeni synthetic rug
Synthetic materials as polypropylene is one of the most common rug materials in North America; these rugs are cheap, lightweight, ideal for high-traffic areas, super easy to clean, and come in a wide range of design choices that can be used at home or in the workplace.
If you want to easily keep your rug in good condition and clean, Polypropylene is your rug material, they are more resistant to moisture and sunlight than natural fiber rugs.
Keep it simple with regular vacuuming to clear the dirt and dust from your rug. In case are looking for deep clean you can always call your local rug cleaning service
How to keep in good condition Momeni shag rugs
Choosing a Momeni shag rug is a great choice to add a warm, cozy and luxury environment to any living room, bedroom and bathroom. Shag rugs are made of synthetic fibers, which makes them pretty durable, even if they are used in heavy traffic areas.
The most remarkable characteristic of shag rugs is their longer pile, it makes them looks fluffy and soft, it also means you need to put more effort to take care of them.
With time the fluffiness is likely to go away, to avoid it we have for you 4 simple tips to take care of your Momeni Shag rug.
- Vacuuming your rug will help to keep the rug fluffy
- Every few months take the time to shake your rug, you can also use a rug beater
- Dry cleaning is a great option to clean your shag rugs
- Clean your shaggy rug with a steam cleaner, you can do it your self, it will help to eliminate dirt and odors